- Posted by Terri Storey
- On August 22, 2019
- In Blog
Your employees experience mental health moments every single day and more often than not, these moments are not being adequately supported.
It’s time this changed.
We know that 1 in 5 people struggle with their mental health and 2 of 3 of those struggling don’t seek treatment. In large part this is happening because many employees don’t have access to timely, quality mental healthcare when they need it — stymieing their ability to stay mentally healthy and productive at work.
With mental healthcare not meeting the needs of our employees, it’s not a surprise workplaces are experiencing a mental health epidemic.
Why the employee mental healthcare experience is broken
- Can’t get the right support when it’s needed i.e. long wait times.
- Limited time i.e. travel time to an offsite location for therapy means extended time away from work and lost productivity.
- Soaring costs i.e. a significant out-of-pocket amount for therapy that many can’t afford.
- Mental health services are difficult to navigate i.e. takes knowledge, time and perseverance to find the right therapist.
- Confidentiality and stigma are still a concern i.e. employees worry their use of mental health support will be reported to their employer.
As with so many other industries, technology has the power to create a frictionless employee mental health experience that is needed and desired.
5 reasons virtual care is the answer to the workplace mental health epidemic
- Provides on-demand, quality mental healthcare that supports employees along the way, whenever they need it from the convenience of their smart device.
- Gives employees convenient access to the exact type of mental health support without unnecessary time away from work or home life
- Cuts down operating costs that it takes to run traditional mental healthcare services – making it more feasible for employers to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to employees
- Offers immediate, integrated mental healthcare in one virtual location: assessments, wellness strategies, specialized therapists, wellness tools and resources.
- Guarantees discretion, confidentiality and security that is not always experienced with traditional services.
Terri Storey is the CEO and Co-Founder of Snapclarity, a technology start-up that is revolutionizing the workplace mental healthcare experience.
Book a demo of the Snapclarity virtual mental healthcare platform to see how it will transform your employees’ experience.