- Posted by Terri Storey, CEO & Co-Founder, Snapclarity
- On August 22, 2019
Your employees experience mental health moments every single day and more often than not, these moments are not being adequately supported.
It’s time this changed.
We know that 1 in 5 people struggle with their mental health and 2 of 3 of those struggling don’t seek treatment. In large part this is happening because many employees don’t have access to timely, quality mental healthcare when they need it — stymieing their ability to stay mentally healthy and productive at work.
With mental healthcare not meeting the needs of our employees, it’s not a surprise workplaces are experiencing a mental health epidemic.
Why the employee mental healthcare experience is broken
- Can’t get the right support when it’s needed i.e. long wait times.
- Limited time i.e. travel time to an offsite location for therapy means extended time away from work and lost productivity.
- Soaring costs i.e. a significant out-of-pocket amount for therapy that many can’t afford.
- Mental health services are difficult to navigate i.e. takes knowledge, time and perseverance to find the right therapist.
- Confidentiality and stigma are still a concern i.e. employees worry their use of mental health support will be reported to their employer.
As with so many other industries, technology has the power to create a frictionless employee mental health experience that is needed and desired.
5 reasons virtual care is the answer to the workplace mental health epidemic
- Provides on-demand, quality mental healthcare that supports employees along the way, whenever they need it from the convenience of their smart device.
- Gives employees convenient access to the exact type of mental health support without unnecessary time away from work or home life
- Cuts down operating costs that it takes to run traditional mental healthcare services – making it more feasible for employers to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to employees
- Offers immediate, integrated mental healthcare in one virtual location: assessments, wellness strategies, specialized therapists, wellness tools and resources.
- Guarantees discretion, confidentiality and security that is not always experienced with traditional services.
Terri Storey is the CEO and Co-Founder of Snapclarity, a technology start-up that is revolutionizing the workplace mental healthcare experience.
Book a demo of the Snapclarity virtual mental healthcare platform to see how it will transform your employees’ experience.